Demystification Guru

Just because we don't understand something, doesn't mean it isn't understandable.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Saturday, June 17, 2006

And now we wait

I finally managed to get two more herbs for the garden. Unfortunately, they didn't have any rosemary so I got parsley and chervil instead. Last year, I only used the rosemary on chicken anyway. But I fear the chervil may be a little too much like cilantro for my taste. I really dislike how cilantro tastes like soap. Since I had brought the Yak with the bike, I also got a hanging plant to decorate the shepherd's crook at the end of the garden. In the evening, I take the plant down and hang a lantern with a candle in it on the hook.
garden from the west
The bamboo stakes are propping up the parsley and chervil until they get stronger and can stand on their own. I heard it was going to rain last night so I thought they could use a little help from being flattened to the ground.
garden from the east
Here it is from the other end. It looks all bare in the left foreground and that is because the purple basil I bought has not grown at all. It seems to be surviving but it hasn't got bigger.
garden frog
Here is my ugly garden toad peeking from behind the thyme. That was supposed to be lemon thyme and when I got it, all the leaves were edged in yellow. Everything that has grown since however, is all green! What kind of plants are they selling anyway?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a bunch of nuns somewhere around Kingston who sell old variety flowers and vegetables. I am growing some 1890 potatoes. Maybe you could get some flowers.

I'll look up their email and send it.

Don C.

7:55 a.m., July 06, 2006  
Blogger JuliaR said...

Don, I fear you may be imagining things when you say you are growing 1890 potatoes. I mean really - how can you count them that exactly, and anyway, they are underground until you dig them up. Unfortunately, I do not have any more room for plants this year but maybe next Spring.

8:50 a.m., July 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home