Demystification Guru

Just because we don't understand something, doesn't mean it isn't understandable.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

About Me

Born in 1958, I don't consider myself part of the Boomers. I grew up as an army brat and the constant moving and travelling shaped my views of the world and human culture. We live on a very small planet where we are far more alike than different, and yet we focus on our differences to the detriment of our progress as a species. We should celebrate the fact that our differences are merely cultural and learn from each other how to live our lives in harmony and without harming others.

2 Comments:

Blogger mpoppins said...

I stumbled on your blog. I am in my late 40s (gasp, time flies), too, been married for 27 years, have a standard poodle pup and am taking up sewing again as I am finishing up my Master's and will be staying at home raising a 2-year-old. My best friend battled cancer for three years. Hope you feel better.

5:58 p.m., February 06, 2009  
Blogger JuliaR said...

Thanks MPoppins, I will be feeling better two weeks after my last treatment (which is March 6). We seem to have lots in common! I did my Masters when I was 38. :) Now I have ideas for a PhD. My more regular updates are on my sewing blog, if you are interested. I would have made a comment on your blog but it is closed. Cheers!

2:11 p.m., February 07, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home