Demystification Guru

Just because we don't understand something, doesn't mean it isn't understandable.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Friday, May 26, 2006

Some plants are planted

I planted my basil, oregano, lemon thyme, dill and mint this morning. I was trying to get them in the ground before it rained and I was successful. The selection was not extensive and so I am missing rosemary, parsley and tarragon plus I think I have room for another thyme and maybe another basil. I got what said it was cosmos for the tall plants by the fence and some marigolds for around the edges and in the chive pots. The cherry tomatoes were also not too inspiring but I got 3 sweet millions and one yellow cherry, which I have never had before. They are watered in now and I put stakes by them that look like total overkill but by the end of the summer, you won't even be able to see the stakes.

I got a few snapdragons and petunias for the two front pots and must remember to water them regularly if they are to prosper. Two of my hostas from years past actually managed to come up this Spring and so I think I will get two more and fill out the front bits of dirt that get no sun and no rain. I suppose they should be paved over, those bits of dirt but I keep trying to grow something there. I was going to take photos but it looks pretty bare so I think I will wait until I at least get the other herbs.

All the while I was out, the mosquitoes were trying to bite me and a couple succeeded. Is there any more irritating noise than a mosquito humming in your ear? However, this is bliss compared to where I used to live in the boonies where the mosquitoes threatened to carry off my dog, they were so thick.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget to take pictures of your garden - it'll change so quickly and dramatically. I always make the mistake of planting the little seedlings too closely together...and then a few weeks later they grow up and need more space!

9:57 a.m., May 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home