Demystification Guru

Just because we don't understand something, doesn't mean it isn't understandable.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Friday, October 20, 2006

Three Things

I was tagged by ML over at Zee's Space with this meme. Ack! I have such a hard time with some of these things. You want to make yourself sound not too stupid, and yet clever and funny at the same time. Anyway. Here are my Three Things. I won't tag anyone else (too much work!) but if you too can't think of something to blog about and/or are looking for different ways to look at things, this may be useful. Enjoy.

3 things that scare me
Making cold calls (okay, any phone calls)
Trying out for Jeopardy
Unstable people with nukes

3 people who make me laugh
My husband
My sister
Me

3 things I love
Fabric
A good story (in books, movies)
Candlelight

3 things I hate
Cold jellied consomme
Caviar
Looking at litter

3 things I don't understand
People who don't pick up their dog's poop
People who wear too much scent
People who litter

3 things on my desk
Nail file
Lip balm
Coffee cup

3 things I'm doing right now
Drinking coffee
Trying to come up with these 3 things
Thinking about cooking dinner

3 things I want to do before I die
Pet a dolphin
Live out in the elements for weeks (sail around the world, hike the Appalachian Trail, canoe the Nahanni)
Write a book that influences people to try harder

3 things I can do
Draw something so that it looks like something
Ride a bicycle 100km in one day
Cook without recipes (but not baking!)

3 ways to describe my personality
Interested (I can find something interesting in just about anything)
Understanding
Objective

3 things I can't do
An axel
Leave a picture hanging crooked on a wall (even if it's not my wall)
Pass a dog in the street without petting it

3 things I think you should listen to
Your parents
Your friends
Your intuition

3 things I think you should never listen to
Angry "music" (that kind that tells you to beat up people)
People who want to convince you of something for their own benefit
People who put you down just so they can feel superior

3 favorite foods
Cheese
Salt
Vinegar
(This one was too difficult. I like most everything - except consomme and caviar - see above. I think half the reason I like cheese is because it's salty so I have to go with flavour groups. I prefer salt to sweet, vanilla to chocolate, etc.)

3 things I'd like to learn
To play the piano
To fly a plane
To ballroom dance with my husband

3 beverages I drink regularly
Wine (especially red)
Fresca (now that it's back)
Tea

3 shows I watched as a kid
(Kid's shows)
Adventures in Rainbow Country
Daktari
The Wonderful World of Disney

I couldn't think what I used to watch in the 60s so I found this website and what a rush down memory lane! So I herewith include the other shows I know I used to watch every week. I watched other shows too but these I remember in great detail and with fondness.

The Ed Sullivan Show
Adam 12
The Avengers
Hawaii Five-O
Mod Squad
The Saint
The Beverly Hillbillies
Bewitched
The Brady Bunch
The Courtship of Eddie's Father
The Flying Nun
Green Acres
Gilligan's Island
Get Smart
Hogan's Heroes
I Dream of Jeannie
That Girl
Laugh-In
My Three Sons
Peyton Place
Rat Patrol
The Time Tunnel

4 Comments:

Blogger ML said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you did the meme. Your list is great!

4:40 p.m., October 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your list IS great. I wouldn't have thought of "intuition" but it's the perfect answer to that question. And I love the list of tv shows. I'd forgotten all about a bunch of them, but the list triggered a flood of happy memories. Thanks!

10:59 p.m., October 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, I love what you do, especially the sewing. I feel so encouraged... Those TV shows made me smile, I had forgotton about them. Thank you!

8:17 p.m., April 28, 2007  
Blogger JuliaR said...

Hmm, I usually try to respond to comments and I don't remember ML and Zoom commenting back in October. Sorry guys! Anyway, you're welcome Anne.

8:21 p.m., April 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home