Demystification Guru

Just because we don't understand something, doesn't mean it isn't understandable.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Monday, October 09, 2006

Some commercials are true

The Tide pen really does work as advertised. While having breakfast one morning in San Diego, I stuck a fork in a home fry and slipped. The small pool of ketchup beside the bit of potato jumped off the plate and splashed across my - wait for it - WHITE corduroy jacket. I jumped up and blotted off as much as I could in the bathroom with paper towels. Then we made a beeline to the nearest pharmacy where I asked for "the Tide pen that Kelly Ripa advertises!" I forget how much it even cost but as soon as we bought it, I deployed it according to the instructions. Most of the orange colour of the remaining ketchup stain came out but there was still a mark. However, the jacket was also wet in the spot from all my blotting so I just hung it over my arm to wait for it to dry and forgot about it for a while. Hours later, I thought to look at it and discovered that it had dried perfectly white, with no trace of the ketchup. I subsequently washed it normally when I got home a few days later and it is as good as new.

3 Comments:

Blogger ML said...

I have to try the Tide Pen. I need to add to your list Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It is, indeed, magic.

4:50 p.m., October 11, 2006  
Blogger JuliaR said...

ML, I too am in love with the Magic Eraser! I admired the way they looked in the tv ad once and my mother remembered and brought me a package next time she came. Now I use it for all wall scuffs, that tired plastic patio furniture (only dragged out for over-flow guests) and anything else I can think of.
The story with the WHITE jacket and ketchup was more arresting, however.

4:55 p.m., October 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way you were going on about the Tide pen this morning, I said you could do a commercial for it. Look what I found -- you've already done one!

11:43 a.m., April 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home