Demystification Guru

Just because we don't understand something, doesn't mean it isn't understandable.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Cherry Tomatoes and Candlelight

I don't think my cherry tomatoes can get any bigger without getting red now.
cherry tom no flash
There aren't that many of them but they all look vigorous and plump. I liked the way this same photo looked when I used the flash - all dark on the background.
cherry tom flash
The two photos were taken only minutes apart. I made an enlargement and noticed all the spiky bits on the stems of the tomato and even the tomatoes themselves looked like they had fur.
cherry tom close up
Again, this one was taken with a flash.

Some time ago, my sister gave me a ceramic pot in which one was supposed to put candles. She knows I have a real fondness for deploying candles all summer when it gets dark enough outside. I had never thought of putting this pot right in the garden itself until last night and then it worked wonderfully. Here it is in the day time.
garden pot
Then Peter helped me set up a tripod and we took a photo of the pot with the candle glowing in it, at about 9:30pm.
garden light
The static nature of the photo doesn't give any of the sense of the movement of the candle light and the changing scene as you move yourself back and forth, past the cutouts in the bowl. Norah, it's lovely!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those fat green tomatoes are so pretty!

2:09 p.m., July 18, 2006  
Blogger JuliaR said...

Zoom, I love tomatoes! But they taste better red. I think. I'm waiting...

4:44 p.m., July 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home