Demystification Guru

Just because we don't understand something, doesn't mean it isn't understandable.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Friday, April 25, 2008

080425

I'd heard of this meme before but it was also over at Orange Crate Art recently so I thought of it again. The idea of the meme (never mind the promulgation of it) is:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.

I looked around at the dining table behind me and I had three books on it, all within reach. Here are the results. Can you guess the books? (And I don't mean you, P., who knows exactly which books they are!)

"The ancient, fortified, traffic-free village perche of Grimaud is yet another legacy of the ubiquitous Grimaldi family after which the village is named. Gibelin de Grimaldi, a doughty Genoese knight, was rewarded with a fief here after helping William the Good of Provence drive the Saracens out of this part of France in AD 973..." etc. etc.

" 'Part of Duma's development problem is simple overgrowth. The sea oats belong, but the rest of that shit has no business growing without irrigation. Somebody better investigate, that's what I think.' "

"It was a saddened Menicucci who telephoned a week later to tell us that the House of Cardin no longer made our lavatories. Une catastrophe but he would continue his researches. A further ten days passed before he reappeared, now in triumph, coming up the steps waving another catalogue above his head."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home