Demystification Guru

Just because we don't understand something, doesn't mean it isn't understandable.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Thursday, August 18, 2005

on rejection, sort of

This morning, I thought I’d better send an e-mail to the coordinator of the law program at Algonquin, to see if she needed me to teach Property again. I had not heard from her and the Fall term is coming up soon. I got an e-mail back very quickly (for her) saying that she was going to teach Property this Fall but I might be useful in the Winter term (which starts January). This was the last straw. I had just been told I didn’t get the CDI job a few days ago and now this. I felt like a total reject. Then I checked my lottery tickets from last night and they didn’t have a single digit hit. So I said, never mind and I went to the gym for my usual Thursday morning Body Pump class. And found out it was cancelled! So I wondered if I should just start drinking now or wallow in a puddle of rejection despair until later, when it was more seemly to start drinking.

I know, it’s all coincidence. And total strangers on 43 Things seem to like me. And a friend from my past made contact because of my Blog yesterday. But it was an odd set of coincidences.

From 43 Things, I learned more about NaNoWriMo (at http://www.nanowrimo.org/) and am thinking about just “doing it”. Sounds fun and there should be an Ottawa chapter to commiserate with when it’s all over. In the meantime, I am trying to crank out words on my Blog and elsewhere so I build up momentum and write toward the goal of getting published. In the other meantime, I want to sew a bit every day too because I really like it and it feels creative when I do it. Plus I am making a tote bag for a friend who is going to law school at Queen’s this Fall. I am actually envious of her. I would like to go back to law school and do it all over again. It would be fun! You know what would also be fun? To pick a degree program that we’d both enjoy and then do it with Peter. We could study together and talk about the new ideas we’d be exposed to and do assignments together. I think we’d really learn a lot more that way. Plus I think we’d contribute to the program just by our enthusiasm. Of course, this is not practical while Peter has to keep working to keep me in the style to which I’ve become accustomed.

I actually made myself coffee this morning as the temperature has completely changed and it is cool now. The high will be 21C which is nice but certainly not hot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home